Friday, January 8, 2010

Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith


I have been wanting to read this book since I read the outstanding reviews. I think I may have built it up too much...I enjoyed reading this, but it was kind of confusing at first. It contains MANY elements of fantasy, almost too many. I had a hard time connecting the guardian angel element with the vampires. Why both? I appreciate the fact that the author kind of took a lighter side in telling the vampire story (in my opinion). I thought the book had a good amount of humor in it and it didn't have all the drama of Twilight and others like it. If you are interested in knowing what this book is REALLY about, read my review on Shelfari. You don't have to actually go to my Shelfari page...you can just scroll over the cover at the right of this blog.
I am currently readingWarrior by Marie Brennan and trying to prepare for this month's book club meeting.